| Support Assistant (london A)
Adults | E2 |£9.72 per hour | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD6745 | Posted: 08/08/2019
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Assistant to work in the Hackney area. The service provides a Floating Support service to support clients with generic complex needs to build confidence and skills to allow clients to live independently within the community.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday -Saturday, from 9AM - 5PM. The service is open until 7PM on Wednesdays and 6PM on Saturdays so some evening work may be required. Saturday shifts usually work out to be around 1 in 4.
Cover is required for 2-3 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate is £9.72 per hour.
You will be based out in the community, in a floating support role. You will hold a caseload of clients, providing support services to customers through a support planning system. The client group is generic and includes many clients with complex needs.
- Work on a rota basis, including out of office hours where necessary.
- Provide support in partnership with other statutory and voluntary agencies in the community, liaising with other agencies as necessary to ensure customers receive appropriate advice and support.
- Carry out support planning, risk assessments and reviews for lower need customers.
- Provide a broad range of lower-end support tasks to a caseload of customers, such as monitoring and tackling social isolation and ensuring customers are well supported throughout their engagement with the service.
- Refer more complex cases to a Support Officer.
- Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work.
- Keep all customer records up to date - both paper files and data recording system.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and practice affecting vulnerable people
- Where relevant, to comply with all relevant food hygiene requirements and H&S standards.
Required experience and skills:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a floating support environment
- Ability to motivate and support vulnerable adults
- Ability to manage a caseload of customers
- Able to work alongside Support Officers to develop support plans and risk assessments with customers, working together on achieving individual goals
- IT skills including use of Microsoft packages
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, as interviews are expected to take place during week commencing 12.08.19. The ideal candidate will start at the end of August
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: