| Support Worker
Generic | London SW8 |£11.71 per hour | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD6979 | Posted: 28/01/2020
Central is currently recruiting for a Floating Support Worker, to work in the Lambeth area. In this role you will work as part of a team of floating support workers to provide intensive resettlement and integration support to Syrian Refugee Families.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. The role is based in Lambeth but you will be required to travel across London to support family resettlement. Cover is required for 3 months whilst permanent recruitment is ongoing. The pay rate for this role is £11.71 per hour.
As a Floating Support Worker, you will work in partnership with families and other agencies to undertake assessments to identify families' strengths as well as potential barriers to integration with local community and steps to overcome them. You will be responsible for providing and co-ordinating intensive and structured support and intervention to families by taking a whole family approach to assess need and plan support with families in their homes and the wider community.
You will also:
- Produce comprehensive and high quality risk assessments and risk management plans with the input of families and external agencies where necessary
- Monitor and review plans in line with organisational policy and procedure to reflect the changing risks associated with families
- Minimise risk to families and children by identifying, reporting and following up any safeguarding concerns
- Promote social and cultural inclusion for families at all times through participation at service level and within the local and wider community.
- Identify and promote opportunities for families to participate in the community through education, volunteering, employment and leisure activities.
To apply for this role, you must have experience of working within refugee resettlement and you must be fluent in either Classical or Levantine dialect Arabic.
Candidates should ideally be able to start immediately, however notice periods of 2 weeks or less will be considered.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: