| Support Worker
Homeless People and Substance Misuse | London IG1 |£11.71 per hour | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD7042 | Posted: 16/04/2020
Central is currently recruiting for three Project Workers, for a hostel service in the Redbridge area. The service provides accommodation to support homeless people who have a range of complex and enduring needs relating to their mental health and substance misuse issues.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis. Cover is required for 3 months and may be extended.
In this position, you will:
- Work with clients to manage expectations with relation to move on, identify and secure appropriate move on options within the target timescales, and provide 6 month follow up support to avoid repeated homelessness.
- Create and regularly review SMART objectives in individual support/action plans, to support residents to develop their independent living skills to move on from the service within 2 years.
- Carry out structured client focused assessments which appropriately and creatively addresses the presenting needs of clients, and effectively supports them in working towards achieving their goals and aspirations.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- The ability to deliver a client-centred support service to people presenting significant levels of need and risk, and to implement action plans through high quality risk and needs assessment
- The ability to deliver a sensitive and client-centred service to rough sleepers who may be experiencing mental health problems, alcohol and /or substance misuse in a residential setting.
- A good and current understanding of safeguarding issues and experience of undertaking comprehensive risk assessments
- A working knowledge of Housing Management as applied to a residential setting, and an understanding of the rights and responsibilities associated with various forms of tenure including excluded licenses
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with telephone and skype interviews to take place during the week commencing 20th April, and the appointed candidate expected to start immediately.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: