| Support Worker 1
Rough Sleepers | London WC1X |£12.68 per hour | 6+ months | Job Ref: BD7162 | Posted: 24/07/2020
Central is currently recruiting for four full-time Support Workers, to work in the King's Cross area. In this role, you will be based in a newly opened rough sleepers' hub, the aim of which is to link clients in with appropriate services to address support needs and to identify move on options; working together to ensure move on within 28 days
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, covering early (8AM - 3:30PM) and late (3:00PM - 10:30PM) shifts. The service will be open until the end of March 2021, so candidates should ideally be available for the full duration. The pay rate for this role is £12.68 per hour totalling £14.21 inclusive of holiday pay.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Complete Needs and Risk Assessments
- Hold a caseload of clients
- Engage with services including treatment services
- Support clients to maximise their incomes - benefits, employment etc.
- Support clients to access primary & secondary healthcare services
- Devise move on plans and support clients to access appropriate move on accommodation (Hostels, PRS etc.)
- Work collaboratively with external agencies to ensure that service users with NRPF can move on from the project though re-connection or employment options
- Work a rota covering Early and Late shifts
To apply for this role, you must have experience of working with rough sleepers and have previously held a caseload of clients with complex needs. You should ideally have worked in a fast-paced assessment service and be able to hit the ground running when the service opens.
Agency workers who are interested in this role will be required to transfer to the organisation's locum bank immediately when the service opens.
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 3rd August and the appointed candidate expected to start when the service opens on 17th August.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: