| Floating Support Worker
Ex-Offenders | London WC1X |£11.71 per hour | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD7166 | Posted: 24/07/2020
Central is currently recruiting for two Floating Support Workers, to travel between and work in Probation Services across London. You will be working to provide support to offenders aged 18 plus including both those in custody and in the community.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM, with some flexibility expected in response to changing organisational requirements. Cover is required for 2-3 months initially, with a possibility of extension.
In this position, you will provide effective, high quality support to a caseload of clients. You will be responsible for developing holistic and personalised support plans plus comprehensive risk management plans the worker will offer support to clients presenting with a variety of needs. Ultimately, the aim of the service is to relieve homelessness, prevent tenancy breakdown, improve quality of life, reduce reoffending and promote independence.
To apply for this role, you must have knowledge of current housing legislation and the benefit system. Ideally, some experience of working within the criminal justice system is preferable.
You should also have:
- An understanding of working in supported housing or floating support services
- The ability to deliver high quality, structured and time limited interventions that have a lasting impact on clients' lives.
- An understanding of the principles of assessment and risk, planned support, key working, goal setting, and advocacy with vulnerable people.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to vulnerable client groups.
- Ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
Candidates must confirm their interest by Friday 31st July, with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 3rd August, and the appointed candidate expected to start immediately after appointment.