| Project Co-ordinator
Mental Health | 1 TW1 |£15.57 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 4-5 months | Job Ref: BD7327 | Posted: 17/11/2020
Central is currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator to work with services in the borough of Richmond, based primarily working from home.
In this role, you will be working within a team to provide a wide range of services including one-to-one, groups, workshops, training, peer mentoring, befriending to young people, including young carers, who may be experiencing anxiety, low mood, low confidence, low self-esteem, loneliness or isolation. The service also provides wellbeing workshops to those close to young people such as parents, teachers, support staff, youth and community workers.
If appointed, you will be responsible for contacting local organisations and schools within the London Borough of Richmond to deliver free short training workshops on mental health and wellbeing related topics.
The successful candidate will be required to work 22.5 or 30 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Cover is required for an initial period until the end of March 2021 however this may be extended for a further year. The pay rate for this role is £13.59 per hour, totalling £15.57 inclusive of holiday pay.
You will be part of a small team of staff and volunteers and you will oversee the promotion, recruitment, training and matching of youth peer mentors with young people who will be identified as being able to benefit from such a service.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Strong presentation skills
- Some experience of delivering training and/or teaching
- Experience of working with young people and/or people with mental health problems
- Understanding of and commitment to the development of wellbeing & emotional resilience in young people
- Good knowledge of the types of statutory and voluntary mental health services suitable for younger adults, nationally and locally
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 23rd October, with the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible when appointed.
As the service will be delivered remotely / online via Zoom the location base can be flexible, including from the service's main office in Twickenham.