| Support Worker
Young People | 1 SE26 |£13.12 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD7595 | Posted: 09/06/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Worker to work in the Lewisham area. The service provides assessment services to young people from the Lewisham pathways.
In this role you will carry a caseload of up to 6 clients, formulating comprehensive Needs and Risk Assessments, resulting in agreed Support Plans. The plans you create will inform ongoing casework to promote independence and prepares young people for move-on, either within the borough's pathways or into independent accommodation.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday. The rota is a four week rolling rota with a mixture of earlys(8AM-3:30PM), mids (12PM-8PM) and lates (3PM-10:30PM). Workers will be required to work two weekends on, two weekends off. Cover is required for 4 months. The pay rate is £11.71 per hour, totalling £13.12 per hour inclusive of holiday pay.
In this position, you will ensure that safeguarding and addressing the immediate needs of the young people are paramount to service delivery.
You will work alongside other team members to interview and assess referrals to the project, helping to assess the needs of young people in order to identify appropriate move on accommodation suitable to their needs.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Experience of working with at-risk young people in a residential setting,
- Experience and knowledge of applying effective ways of working with young people; particularly; YP with mental health and attachment needs, emerging personality disorder and significant self-harm
- A demonstrable understanding of the principles of risk and needs assessments, planning, goal setting and reviewing with young people
- Experience of working with young people to develop life skills and support their involvement in meaningful activities
- An ability to work on a rota basis including early, late and weekend shifts
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for 9th of June and the appointed candidate expected to start 14th of June.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be immediately available and able to work on a rota basis including weekends.