| Team Manager 3
Young People | 1 NW3 |£17.24 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | Permanent | Job Ref: BD7838 | Posted: 29/11/2021
Central is currently recruiting for a permanent Team Manager to work in the Camden area. The service provides support to young parents whose children are on statutory orders. The aim of the service is to assess and provide support on issues ranging from behaviour, boundaries, independence, parenting skills, emotional needs, benefits, housing and life skills.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Flexibility is required as you may need to stay after these hours to deal with any emergencies. The pay rate for this role is £30,000 per annum. Please note, there is a requirement to participate in the on-call manager rota.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Effectively manage the Service and provide line management, supervision and appraisal to 12 staff members within the service
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities.
- Hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure employees are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers
- Facilitate and encourage effective customer participation, consultation and feedback within the service
- Develop and maintain positive links with local statutory and independent sector services.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision including; health and safety
- Liaise effectively with partner agencies and stakeholders to ensure referrals and assessment issues are dealt with in a timely fashion, and service utilisation is maximised.
- Produce monitoring reports and PI's for the service
- Work within and monitor the service budget against management accounts
- Participate in the management on call rota
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Previous management experience in a similar role working with young parents and families in particular young parents whose children are on a statutory order
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation relevant to young people
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting young people
- Knowledge of resettlement and housing issues for people with support needs including welfare benefits
- Experience working with social services and ability to provide clear and concise reports for the local authority
- Ability to promote customer involvement, choice and diversity
- Ability to monitor service quality
- Previous management qualification or other relevant professional qualification. A social worker degree is desirable
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, as appointed candidates are expected to start as soon as possible following successful interview.