| Senior Progression Coach
Young People | 1 BR5 |£16.75 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD8380 | Posted: 25/01/2023
Central is currently recruiting for a Senior Progression Coach in the Bromley area. The service provides support to 16 young people with high support and complex needs.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM (with the occasional late finish up to 8PM). Please note, there is a requirement to work approximately 1 weekend per month. Cover is required for approximately 3 months. The pay rate is £14.56 per hour, with £2.19 holiday pay, totalling £16.75 per hour.
Please note, this role involves loneworking across 5 other sites in the Bromley area. You will be mainly based at one accommodation service, but will be required to visit other services in the area.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold line management responsibility for Progression Coaches
- Complete high quality risk and needs assessments resulting in SMART outcomes based support plans and case files for clients.
- Undertake supervision and appraisals and all other aspects of staff management
- Deliver one-to one and group support opportunities within the accommodation and in the local community.
- Liaise with local agencies including statutory teams, to support the wellbeing of clients.
- Liaise with internal departments including Finance, HR, Fundraising and Business Development
- Support all clients to participate in community activities, Education, Training, Employment and Volunteering opportunities as appropriate to the development of their skills, assets and aspirations.
- Ensuring the health and safety of the environment for clients, staff, visitors and volunteers through regular risk assessment, health and safety checks and reporting in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy.
- Oversee collection and recording of rent, charges and petty cash to support good financial management in the service.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance reporting to ensure the building is kept in good order and safe for clients to reside in.
- Support the service manager to recruit and induct new staff
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience and understanding of supervising the work of others
- Understanding and commitment to working in an assets based way
- Experience of working with young people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use or have a history of living in care.
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning.
- Experience of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Commitment to promoting an environment, which has the highest regard for the Health and Safety of others.
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries
- Driving license (this is desirable). There is parking at all sites
Candidates should confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.