| Support Officer (london A)
Young People | 1 E5 |£13.75 per hour (incl. of Holiday Pay) | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD8381 | Posted: 27/01/2023
Central is currently recruiting for two Support Officers, to work in the Hackney area. The service is a medium to high support teen parent service that can hold 8 service users and their babies. The aim of the service is to provide a secure environment and support users with emotional needs, boundaries and promote independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis, covering early (7:30AM - 3:30PM) and late (12:30PM - 8:30PM) shifts. You will be required to work every other weekend. Cover is required for approximately 2 months. The pay rate for this role is £12.22 per hour, with £1.53 holiday pay, totalling £13.75 per hour.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Hold a caseload of 3 young parents, carrying out key working sessions which result in agreed Support Plans
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Support service users to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education and work.
- Maintain customer files and ensure that accurate and up to date records are kept of support provided to customers.
- Liaise closely with the Housing Management Team to identify problems with Housing Benefit payments, review rent collection and address other tenancy-related matters.
To apply for this role candidates must have;
- Experience of working with young people and teen parents
- Experience and knowledge of support and assessment of young people, including risk and needs assessments.
- Experience managing a caseload and building trusting relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation and government frameworks relevant to young people
- A good understanding of safeguarding children and adults
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience managing and deescalating challenging situations and writing incident reports and handovers
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: